17 Oct E-News – October 2016
AT A GLANCE
- HCF Open House & Ribbon Cutting were held at the HCF office 9/23/16.
- Hospice Care Foundation presented Grant Awards of $8,566.00 to organizations at the September 23rd Open House.
- Hospice Care Foundation’s new website is live! hcfmissoula.com
- HCF’s CEO accepted to the Greater Giving Advisory Committee.
- Supporters can now donate via Amazon Smile.
- Hospice Care Foundation’s CEO attend first classes of two-year commitment for Missoula Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Missoula 34 Class, on October 2nd – 3rd, at Flathead Lake.
- Halloween for Hospice partnership event is almost here – Monday, October 31, 2016 at Southgate Mall. HCF has once again partnered with Southgate Mall to host the annual Halloween for Hospice event. 12 games/activities are planned including: costume contest, duck pond, plinko, pop toss and more. Games are $1.00 each or a $15 wristband for unlimited play. Costume contest cost is $2 per person or $5 per family/group. All proceeds to benefit HCF’s granting programs.
- Hospice Ball coming soon! The Hospice Ball will take place on February 24, 2017 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Missoula from 5:30 – Midnight. This year’s theme is “Great Gatsby Masquerade.” Photo booth, music, silent auction, dinner, dancing, coat room, no-host bars and so much more. hospiceball.com for more details.
- HCF is seeking new Board Members. Do you like to provide Governance and Oversight, are you interested in helping a nonprofit? You can help us! For more information, please contact Kevi Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Hancock at email@example.com.
- Click here for Events Calendar.
HOSPICE CARE FOUNDATION’S OPEN HOUSE & RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY A SUCCESS!
On September 23, 2016 community members gathered and met the staff and board members of HCF at an Open House at the HCF office, 715 Kensington Ave., Suite 2C, Missoula, MT. Hospice Care Foundation was pleased and honored to educate the community on how we help serve our community and Western Montana organizations and individuals. Refreshments were served, and a good time was had by all. HCF’s CEO Kevi Berger gave a brief speech of our Mission, Vision, and Programs, and unveiled the beautiful new sign with the updated logo.
The Missoula Chamber Rangers presented Hospice Care Foundation a framed certificate to congratulate HCF for becoming a business partner with the Chamber. The certificate features a “Dollar of Pure Profit” to proudly display in our office.
HOSPICE CARE FOUNDATION PRESENTS $8,566 IN GRANT AWARDS
Hospice Care Foundation presented the grant awards for the period of July through September 2016 at our Open House. Certificates were presented with the awards for organizations, and the volunteer awards were presented with a prize package. HCF’s CEO presented the awards, and shared our commitment to becoming an A.C.E. Organization.
Honoring our Heroes – Each organization received a stipend to use for their volunteer program and each “Hero” was given a framed certificate and prize package.
- Missoula Aging Services and Klairaine Nichwander
- Partners In Home Care and Hannah Morgan
- Tamarack Grief Resource Center and Amber Bremer
Compassionate Care Grants – These grants are provided to organizations throughout Western Montana to reimburse them for providing care for those who cannot afford hospice/palliative care. These grants went to:
- Missoula Aging Services
- Marcus Daly Hospice
- Tamarack Grief Resource Center
Program/Project Support – These grants were made to support both existing and new programs of hospice and palliative care providers in Western Montana. Congratulations to:
- Missoula Aging Services – Liquid Nutritional Supplements Program
- Partners In Home Care – Ipod Music Program
- Hestia In-Home Care – Equipment/Supplies – CNA Training Program
- Marcus Daly Hospice – Therapeutic Music Program
HOSPICE CARE FOUNDATION’S NEW WEBSITE IS LIVE!
On October 3, 2016 the new HCF Website was revealed. Hospice Care Foundation and Ray of Fly Design have been working very hard on this beautiful and informative new design. HCF is very proud of the results! Some of the new features are grant totals for the last 4 quarters in the categories of Compassionate Care, Honoring our Heroes, and Program and Project Support.
Check out the board members on the home page. See our story, Programs, Mission and Vision to become an A.C.E. organization:
- Assist: Awarding grants to organizations, programs and projects who share its passion for improving quality of life for individuals requiring hospice and palliative care. Providing financial assistance to hospice patients and their families to mitigate the financial burden related to a terminal diagnosis.
- Collaborate: Educating, Uniting with and sponsoring community organizations to produce high-quality hospice and palliative care information and education events and activities. Enlisting volunteers and community members to implement creative, energetic and effective fundraising events.
- Educate: Acting as an information conduit for individuals regarding their hospice and palliative care options. Utilizing multiple venues and avenues to provide the community with information on HCF operations and activities.
Grant applicants from organizations may apply directly on the website, and individuals may also apply for My Wishes, Individual and/or Family Financial Assistance, or Burial or Cremation Assistance. Supporters can donate as well.
HCF’S CEO ACCEPTED TO THE GREATER GIVING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
On September 27, 2016, HCF CEO Kevi Berger was notified that she has been accepted to the Advisory Committee of Greater Giving. Members of the committee will provide fundraising ideas, experiences, opinions, and advice. They will also contribute to product testing and development. Their opinions are vital for service feedback and other areas of innovation. Greater Giving gives non-profit organizations the technology to help their mission grow.
SUPPORTERS CAN DONATE TO HCF WHEN SHOPPING AT AMAZON
Are you looking for ways to help HCF in our Mission to fund compassionate care activities, educate the community on hospice and palliative care options, and helping to ensure that hospice care options are available to all those in need in Western Montana?
Amazon Smile gives supporters an easy way to do just that.
When you #StartWithaSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to Hospice Care Foundation. Bookmark the link:
https://smile.amazon.com/ch/81-0539006 and support us every time you shop.
HOSPICE CARE FOUNDATION CEO ATTENDED THE FIRST LM 34 RETREAT CLASSES AT FLATHEAD LAKE
Kevi Berger, Hospice Care Foundation’s CEO attended the first Leadership Missoula 34 classes at a retreat at Flathead Lake. Kevi was one of 29 professionals that were selected from the Missoula area with a goal of “establishing a diverse mix of professions, activities, backgrounds, and perspectives” by the Missoula Chamber of Commerce.
Leadership Missoula is designed to facilitate the development and growth of tomorrow’s leaders and provide opportunities to interact with different community members and explore issues relevant to our community.
The Missoula Chamber of Commerce sees “Vitality and growth that presents many opportunities and challenges for the citizens of Missoula. Leadership Missoula helps to keep our community vibrant and healthy by requiring insightful leaders who have the ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
The goals of Leadership Missoula are:
- To cultivate and motivate community leaders.
- To acquaint participants with community needs and problems, while offering alternatives for solutions.
- To give participants an opportunity to meet community leaders, to associate in a meaningful way with their peers, and to be motivated toward greater community involvement.
- Introduce them to leadership skills in their second year of participation.
Participants will continue their training with 8 more all-day sessions held over the next several months, and conclude with a 2-day retreat in May. Graduates have a 2-year commitment which includes fundraising activities, public speaking and organization of the Leadership Missoula 35 class. Look for more information to come at the Missoula Chamber of Commerce website at http://www.missoulachamber.com/.
HALLOWEEN FOR HOSPICE
It’s almost time! The Hospice Care Foundation in partnership with Southgate Mall will present the 2016 “Halloween for Hospice” fundraiser on Monday, October 31, 2016 from 4:30 – 7:00 pm. Funds raised will support expansion of HCF granting programs, individual financial assistance, and its Community Education Campaign.
Bring the family down to Southgate Mall to try your hand at our 12 different Carnival Games, such as Duck Pond, Basketball, Bowling, Tip a Troll, Pop Toss, and more to win a prize. Cherish your Halloween memories with a scary snap in our Photo Booth, or show off your frightening features in our Costume Contest with a chance to win one of several Southgate Mall gift cards and prizes.
Tickets for game play are $1.00/each or buy a wrist band for $15.00 for unlimited game access (excluding Costume Contest). Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted. Every game player is a winner. Some prizes may not be acceptable for all ages.
Costume Contest is from 4:30 – 7:00 pm in the JCPenney Court. Entry is $2.00/person or $5.00/group. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes, in each age/group category will be awarded. Winners will be announced at approximately 7:20 pm at JCPenney Court. If you’d like to help set up, run a game, or clean up, please contact Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 541-2255.
2017 HOSPICE BALL COMING SOON!
Hospice Care Foundation’s Hospice Ball 2017 will take place on Friday, February 24, 2017 at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Missoula from 5:30pm – Midnight. The event theme is “Great Gatsby Masquerade.” Skill games, photo booth, live and DJ music, silent auction, dinner, dancing, coat room, no-host bars and so much more.
Reservations and purchases for tables will begin December 1, 2016. See more details in the coming months at www.hospiceball.com. If you are interested in volunteering (helping to set up, volunteer at the event or clean up), please contact Tara at (406) 541-2255 or email@example.com. Interested in providing a service (DJ, Photo Booth, Performing, etc.) please contact Kevi at the same phone number or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in becoming a sponsor for this elegant formal event? Amazing advertising exposure opportunities, VIP tables with exclusive gifts and treatment for you and your guests, in addition to your greatly appreciated support. Please contact Kevi email@example.com or Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 541-2255.
Check out our website (www.hcfmissoula.com) for more information.